Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) fiber is a new high performance fiber (after carbon fiber and aramid fiber)with the best mechanical properties in the world nowadays. It has many outstanding performance such as high tenacity, high modulus, low specific gravity, low elongation, ultraviolet radiation resistance, chemical corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, cut resistance, high specific energy absorption etc.
1. High tenacity(pound for pound, 15 times stronger than stainless steel),>30cN/dtex,
2. High modulus, >1100cN/dtex,
3. Low specific gravity(0.97g/cm3, lighter than water),
4. Low elongation, <4%
5. Excellent ultraviolet radiation resistance,
6. Good chemical corrosion resistance,
7. Good abrasion resistance,
8. Outstanding cut resistance,
9. High energy absorption, low dielectric constant, high electromagnetic wave transmission, low friction, impact resistance etc.